Friday, September 26, 2008

Sad to see it go

I've spent the past 3 months working for the United States Bureau of Land Management as a seasonal Range Technician. Some days were very trying, working with only one other person all summer long, but I can honestly say that I'm going to miss this job. I've spent the entire summer working in God's country. Some days it was hotter than Hellfire and others the weather couldn't have been more picturesque. For most of the summer I kind of resented the job becuase of the guy that I worked with, but now I'm angry with myself for allowing my own attitude to get in the way of how much I should have been enjoying what I've been doing. For a while I even had doubts as to whether or not I should stick with my career goal of working for the BLM with the wild horses and burros, and after spending 2 days helping at the Wild Horse and Burro Center in Herriman, UT, my decision has been cemented to stick with it! I'm going to miss working for the BLM over the next few months, but I look forward to working with them again next summer and I'm excited for the coming months as I get the oppertunity to volunteer with the horse and burro center. This coming summer, I'm definately going to have learned from my mistake of having a bad attitude, and I'm going to enjoy the work that I'm doing as I move closer to my college graduation and eventually my career with the BLM!