Monday, October 27, 2008

FFA Nationals


So I figured I would update my blog, cuz certain family members said that I was a slacker. (Yes Kim and Kadee, that would be you) Ha ha, so anyhow, I just had the opportunity to spend 5 days in Indiana for the FFA National Convention. It was a good trip. I went with my high school FFA Chapter to receive my American FFA degree, which initially means I'm now considered an old fart among FFA students! I really enjoyed touring around Indianapolis. I had the chance to go to the Indianapolis 500 Raceway, where I kissed the brick yard, so now I guess you could say I have a dirty mouth! Another event that I went to was a Taylor Swift and James Otto concert. All I have to say about this was that I laughed, because it made me think that Taylor Swift is and even more pathetic country artist. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for it. I also went to the Indianapolis Zoo and got to watch a dolphin show (this reminded me of when Molly and I went to Sandiago 3 years ago and went to Sea World!) I also went to a really expensive restaurant and learned that some food costs way too much money to eat. I'll stick with Applebees and Bajio Grill from now on. All in all, it was a great trip! 4 years in FFA finally paid off for a free trip! Now I just get to look back and reminisce about the good ole' days and how much I enjoyed the FFA. I'm glad that I stuck with it all these years. FFA truly is a great organization! Long live Agriculture (so we can have food on our tables!)
So, after being awake before 5 every morning and getting 4 hours of sleep per night, I was definitely happy to come home to my own bed. You never know how much you miss home, until you go somewhere else and get no sleep! Needless to say, I was happy to be gone, but I'm also happy to be back :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

I would dare say that you are a party animal wherever you might be touring. No sleep, lots of play, how is that different from home? Love ya, KIM

Misty said...

Wow, up before 5....that would so NOT be worth it for me. It sounds like you still managed to have fun though. :)